Pemko Full Mortise Continuous Hinge - Safety Short Leaf Insert
Heavy Duty Anodized Aluminum Full Mortise, Short Leaf Inset Continuous Geared
- Applied to conceal both leaves.
- Fasteners are No. 12-24 x 11/16" #10 Head FHUC, Type C, threadforming, no tapping required.
- Heavy duty model: 20 fasteners required for each leaf.
- Heavy duty hinge (HD1): 3" between bearing centers.
- Heavy duty hinge (HD3): 3" between bearing centers.
- HD1 hinges conform to Grade 2-150, Grade 1-300, and Grade 1-600 cycle requirements per BHMA standard ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2006.
- HD3 hinges conform to Grade 3-150, Grade 3-300, and Grade 3-600 cycle requirements per BHMA standard ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2006.
- All hinges meet criteria of UBC 7.2 for positive pressure.
- Special patented FirePins are only required on 3-Hour (A-Label) assemblies.
- Certain door and frame conditions may require an extra 1/32"-1/16" clearance. Excessive clearance on fire rated assemblies may violate the requirements for NFPA 80.
- PemkoHinge® products are guaranteed for the life of the opening against defects in material or workmanship with the exception of AL, RS, standard duty and Grade 3 hinges, which carry a 10 year warranty.
- Weight bearing (per BHMA standard ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2006) for heavy duty models: 83" and 85" = 27 bearings, door weight = 540 lbs.; 95" = 31 bearings, door weight = 620 lbs.; 120" = 39 bearings, door weight = 780 lbs.
- Special hinge reinforcements are not required. Hollow metal door and frame manufacturers’ standard is acceptable. Removal of hinge reinforcements in the door and frame is not advised.