ABH 6638 Public Entrance Mortise Hospital Push/Pull Latch
The ABH 6600 series includes a full line of push/pull hardware that is ideal for use in healthcare or institutional locations where ease of use is needed- even when hands are not free. The 6600 series offers you the flexibility to mount handles right side up (with the push pull handle angled down), upside down, or side to side. This product requires the simple drilling of four holes, a small modification considering the stability of your handle and locking mechanism which will result.
- Latch operated by either operating inside paddle, operating outside handle only when unlocked by key in inside cylinder, or turning key in outside cylinder only
- Ouside paddle is locked/unlocked by turning key in inside cylinder
- Inside paddle cannot be locked
- Auxillary latch deadlocks latch bolt when door is closed
- Cylinders not included
- Meets ADA requirements
- All mounting hardware goes through mortise lock body prep - no additional prep required
- One continuous spring provides a smoother operation and an extended life for the unit
- Can be mounted vertical or horizontal (with handles pointing toward hinge edge of door)
- For mortise lock functions where thumb turn or cylinder will be used, either mount the trim horizontal or select "J" option (Junior Covers) to achieve required clearance
- Handles can be mounted up or down by simply rotating trim 180°
- UL Listed in U.S.A. and Canada for use on door fire rated 90 minutes or less, up to 4'0" x 8'0"