Glynn-Johnson 450 Series Medium-Duty Surface Overhead Door Holders/Stops
The 450 Series surface-mounted holders and stops provide the broad variation of functions, materials and finishes to suit all Medium-Duty applications. The 450 Series is intended for installation in practically all types of doors and frames, including doors with conventional butt hinges, offset pivots, continuous hinges, swing clear hinges and countless other specialty hinges.
- Hold-Open: These models conveniently hold doors open at a predetermined position, permitting unobstructed traffic flow. They feature an adjustable automatic hold-open that is activated when the door is opened to a preset angle. The hold-open tension can be adjusted using an allen wrench through the end of the slider located in the channel at the top of the door. Each meets the 250,000 test cycles required for Grade 1 classification.
- Stop-Only: When the hold-open function is not required, the stop-only function provides the same effective door control without keeping the door held open. It may be used on fire doors.
- Friction Hold-Open: Friction hold-open models provide an alternative holding method ideal for patient room doors, wardrobe or closet doors, or similar applications where multiple hold-open positions are desired. It can be adjusted using an allen wrench on the slider located in the channel at the top of the door.
- Special Stop-Only: When stop-only models are used in conjunction with single point hold-open electronic door closers, the function may be ordered without the shock absorbing mechanism. Used as an auxiliary stop with these closers, they will prolong the life of the closer. The stop location is adjusted using an allen wrench on the stop block located in the channel.
- Note: Caution should be taken when using this option in other applications, as the elimination of the shock-absorbing spring can put added stress on the door and frame.
The 450 Series stop-only models are classified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as miscellaneous fire door accessories. This classification applies to use on either hollow metal fire doors or wood fire doors. These units may be used on doors of any rating. As a reminder, the miscellaneous fire door accessories (GVUX) section is defined by UL as: “Miscellaneous fire door accessories are intended in the individual listings. The accessories have been investigated to determine that when installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, the accessories do not adversely affect the fire rating of the fire door and/or fire door frames.”