Norton 8501/8501H Hydraulic Multi-Sized Door Closer
- Tri-pack: Regular, Parallel and Top Jamb Arm Mounting
- Plastic Cover
Norton 8501-8501H Hydraulic Mulit-Sized Door Closer
The Norton 8000 Series Door Closers offer the ideal combination of appearance, dependability and toughness in today's market. This closer can essentially address any application challenge due to its many features, such as stakes valves, precise valve adjustment, and a complete range of arm and cover options. The 8000 Series Multi-sized surface closers provide a smooth consistent control of the door through its full opening and closing cycle, and is fabricated for use on moderate- to high traffic, architectural openings. The full size cover additionally adds a decorative look to the door closer.
- 8501 - shipped with full plastic cover
- Power Size: Multi-Sized Door Closer Adjustable through the power range of sizes 1 through 6.
- Standard, separate and independent, latch, sweep and backcheck intensity valves.
- Sweep Speed: Allows adjustment of door speed from the door's full open position down to approximately 10° from the closed position.
- Latch Speed: Allows adjustment of door speed from approximately 10° to the door's fully closed position.
- Backcheck: Provides control of the door in the opening cycle, beginning at approximately 75° of door opening. It slows/cushions the door opening, when the door is forcibly opened beyond its pre-adjusted opening speed limits.
- Tri-Stylepackaging (regular arm, top jamb and parallel arm mounting)
- Molded plastic cover
- All standard arm applications allow doors to swing 180°; conditions permitting
Aluminum Alloy Housing:
Closer bodies are constructed of a special aluminum alloy, carefully selected to accommodate interactive steel components and operating conditions.
Rack & Pinion Operation:
Provides a smooth constant control of the door through its full opening and closing cycle. 180° door swing can be achieved when door, frame, hardware and arm function do not interfere.
Standard Molded Covers:
Molded of high-impact U.L. listed material. These covers are non-handed for all applications.
(A.D.A.) and ANSI/BHMA standard A117.1. All series 8300/8500/8301/8501 are ANSI/BHMA A156.4, Grade 1 certified.