Pemko Half Surface Continuous Hinge
- Designed for use with hollow metal frames, where the inset conforms to S.D.I. specifications for aligning doors and frames.
- Allows for adjustments in order to properly align the edge of the door to the frame.
- Fasteners - Frame Portion - All fasteners are #12-24 x 7/16" FHUC, Type C, threadforming.
- Heavy duty model: 20 fasteners required for each leaf.
- Wood screws available on request (specify on order).
- Fasteners - Door Portion - a. Thru-bolt - 1/4-20 x 1-5/8". - Heavy Duty Hinges - 4 required. - b. Shoulder Bolt - 1/4-20 x 1" PCH. - Heavy Duty Hinges - 4 required. - c. Pan Head Self Drilling #12 x 3/4". - Heavy Duty Hinges - 6 required.
- Heavy duty hinge (HD1): 3" between bearing centers.
- Heavy duty hinge (HD3): 3" between bearing centers.
- HD1 hinges conform to Grade 2-150, Grade 1-300, and Grade 1-600 cycle requirements per BHMA standard ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2006.
- HD3 hinges conform to Grade 3-150, Grade 3-300, and Grade 3-600 cycle requirements per BHMA standard ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2006.
- Tested and certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (USA and Canada) to standard UL10B, UL10C and UBC 7.2 (positive pressure) for up to a 3-Hour (A-Label) fire listing for all 4 ft. 0 in. x 10 ft. 0 in.
- and 8 ft. 0 in. x 10 ft. 0 in. door and frame assemblies. Fire listing certifications apply to all approved hollow metal and wood door assemblies in drywall or masonry construction.
- Aluminum continuous hinge for use on swinging type fire doors of the hollow metal, tin-clad, sheet metal and steel covered composite type rated up to 3 hours, wood covered composite type rated up to and including 1-1/2 hours. Also wood core rated up to and including 20 minutes without hose stream.
- All hinges meet criteria of UBC 7.2 for positive pressure.
- Special FirePins are only required on 3-Hour (A-Label) assemblies.
- Certain door and frame conditions may require an extra 1/32"-1/16" clearance. Excessive clearance on fire rated assemblies may violate the requirements for NFPA 80.
- PemkoHinge® products are guaranteed for the life of the opening against defects in material or workmanship wit hthe exception of AL, RS, standard duty and Grade 3 hinges, which carry a 10 year warranty.
- Weight bearing (per BHMA standard ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2006) for heavy duty models: 83" and 85" = 27 bearings, door weight = 540 lbs.; 95" = 31 bearings, door weight = 620 lbs.; 120" = 39 bearings, door weight = 780 lbs.
- Special hinge reinforcements are not required. Hollow metal door and frame manufacturers’ standard is acceptable. Removal of hinge reinforcements in the door and frame is not advised.
Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure
PemkoHinge Fire Rating - UL76Y2
Write Your Own Review