Schlage ALX10 Grade 2 Commercial Passage Lever Latch
The Schlage ALX Series provides variability and value beyond strength and security. It features a single, patent pending chassis design that supports most functions and all cylinder applications.
Excellent durability comes from a stainless steel latch bolt and deep-drawn spindles with 5 points of lever engagement and Grade 1 compression springs that prevent droop and wobble.
- No key; plain lever both sides; spring latch
- Both levers always unlocked
- ANSI/BHMA: Certified A156.2-2011 Series 4000, Grade 2; exceeds standard for lever and spindle strength and durability
- ICC: Complies with ICC A117.1 for Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- UL/cUL: All locks listed for A label single fire door 4' x 8' or 4' x 10' 3-hour; pair doors 8' x 8' 3-hour; and 8' x 10' 90-minute. Letter F and UL symbol on latch front indicate listing.
- UL 437: Optional UL listed high-security cylinders available in Conventional format
- CA Fire Code: All levers with a return to door of 1 ⁄2" (64 mm) or less comply (Boardwalk, Longitude, Omega, Rhodes, Saturn, Sparta, and Tubular)
- FL Building Code: ASTM E330, E1886, E1996 and Miami Dade (TAS 201, 202, 203) requirements for hurricanes
- Federal: Meets FF-H-106C Series 161
- ADA compliant: All lever designs meet Americans with Disabilities Act requirements
Material: Steel, zinc dichromated for corrosion resistance
Door thickness: Standard: 1 3⁄8" to 1 3⁄4"
Backset: Standard: 2 3⁄4"
Faceplate: Standard: 1 1⁄8" x 2 1⁄4" square corners
Latch: Standard: 7⁄8" bolt diameter, up to 1" housing diameter, 1⁄2" throw in stainless steel
Strike: Standard: ANSI Curved Lip: 1 1⁄4" x 4 7⁄8" x 1 3⁄16"
Certifications: ANSI/BHMA Certified A156.2-2011, Series 4000, Grade 2, UL Listed for 3-hour fire door