Schlage L9040 Grade 1 Bath/Bedroom Privacy Mortise Lock
The Schlage L Series mechanical lock is the industry standard of mortise locks. It has earned its unparalleled reputation over its long history through consistently delivering reliable, durable and flexible performance.
The L Series not only exceeds ANSI/BHMA Security Grade 1 AND Operational Grade 1 standards, it also serves as the foundation for the Schlage L wired electrified, LE wireless electronic and multi-point mortise lock portfolios.
- Latchbolt retracted by lever/ knob from either side unless outside lever is locked by inside thumbturn
- Actuating inside lever or closing door unlocks outside lever
- To unlock from outside remove emergency button, insert emergency thumbturn in access hole and rotate
- Inside lever always free for immediate egress
- Exceeds ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 operational and security standards
- Expansive list of configurations and options
- 50 mechanical functions meet the requirements of most applications
- Universal lock case that supports 10 different functions
- 14 finishes paired with 33 levers, two knobs, five roses and three escutcheon designs to enhance any building style
- Levers constructed of solid brass or solid stainless steel for a strong-yet-comfortable feel
- Supports standard, SFIC and FSIC cylinder formats
- Multiple key systems available