Upgrade Your Home Security with High-Quality Mortise Locksets
A mortise lock is a lock that requires a “pocket” – the “mortise” – to be cut into the edge of doors or piece of furniture into which the lock is to be fitted. They have handles, unlike door knobs of regular doors.
In most parts of the world, mortise lock sets are found on older buildings constructed before the advent of bored cylindrical locks, but they have recently been more commonly put to use in commercial and upmarket residential construction in the U.S and New York.
How do you install Mortise lock sets?
The installation of one of these mortise locks or lock set can be undertaken by the average homeowner with a working knowledge of basic woodworking tools and methods, though many installation specialists suggest using a mortising jig which makes the part of cutting of the pocket a simple operation. Still, the subsequent installation of the external trim can still prove problematic if you are inexperienced with the hardware.
Items 1-32 of 89
- BEST 45HWCADEL Fail Safe, 24V, Electrified Mortise LockAs low as $597.40
- Cal-Royal CR6000 Grade 1 Heavy Duty Digital Touch Screen Door LockAs low as $505.50
- Cal-Royal NM8010 Grade 1 Passage Mortise LockAs low as $162.28
- Cal-Royal NM8070 Grade 1 Classroom Mortise Lock Without DeadboltAs low as $205.59
- Cal-Royal NM8080 Grade 1 Storeroom Mortise Lock Without DeadboltAs low as $205.48
- Cal-Royal NM8170 Grade 1 Single Dummy Mortise LeversetAs low as $54.08
- Cal-Royal NM8172 Grade 1 Double Dummy Mortise LeversetAs low as $112.89
- Cal-Royal NM8440 Grade 1 Privacy Mortise Lock with DeadboltAs low as $183.95
- Cal-Royal NM8453 Grade 1 Entrance Mortise Lock with DeadboltAs low as $211.99
- Cal-Royal NM8456 Grade 1 Corridor Mortise LockAs low as $211.98
- Cal-Royal NM8466 Grade 1 Store Door Mortise LockAs low as $230.06
- Cal-Royal NM8473 Grade 1 Dormitory/Bedroom Mortise LockAs low as $219.55
- Emtek Artemis Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $532.00
- Emtek Brisbane Entry or Dummy Mortise LocksetAs low as $372.50
- Emtek Charleston Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $532.00
- Emtek Cheyenne Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $592.48
- Emtek Craftsman Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $532.00
- Emtek Da Vinci Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $592.48
- Emtek Hailey Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $592.48
- Emtek Hamilton Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $532.00
- Emtek Harrison Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $590.80
- Emtek Manhattan Entry Mortise LocksetAs low as $532.00
- Emtek Memphis Entry or Dummy Mortise LocksetAs low as $304.40
- Emtek Mormont Entry or Dummy Mortise LocksetAs low as $407.40
Items 1-32 of 89
What is the difference between a mortise lock and a tubular lock?
Although a Mortise lock set is more expensive, mortise locks have a longer life span because more of their components can be serviced. Tubular locks are less expensive but many have to be replaced entirely if this lock set fails to operate on a door.
Are mortise door locks universal?
Yes, a mortise lock set and mortise door lock is universal and can easily be used to replace most other lock sets, especially on an older door.
Can you replace a commercial mortise lock?
Yes you can replace mortise locks. Mortise locks are generally simple to remove and replace. Mortise locks have standard replacement parts that can easily be interchanged.
What is a mortise entry lockset?
Mortise entry locks are the mortise locks in which the lock set requires a pocket to be cut from the door to fit a box-like cartridge into the width of the door.
What are the benefits of using mortise door hardware?
Mortise locks typically accept a wide range of other manufacturers’ cylinders and accessories, allowing architectural conformity with lock hardware already onsite. They have different components- a part may be made of brass and a part may be in steel.
Park Avenue Locks carries a complete inventory of premium mortise lock sets from noted manufacturers in the industry such as Schlage, Cal-Royal, Yale and Emtek, in an almost infinite variety of styles, applications and materials, including brass.
One of the best-selling mortise locks in our entire lineup, the Schlage L9010 mortise passage latch, features a latch bolt retracted by the knob/lever from either side at all times, making the inside knob/lever always free for immediate egress. Further, the L Series from Schlage not only exceeds ANSI/BHMA Security Grade 1 and Operational Grade 1 standard, it also serves as the foundation for the Schlage L wired electrified, LE<./i> wireless electronic and multi-point mortise lock portfolios.
Please have a look at our extensive collection of premium mortise lock set products, in brass and stainless steel. Our friendly, expert representatives are standing by to answer any questions you may have regarding our products.
If you have any trouble with the installation of the hardware or any part of our commercial mortise locksets, feel free to to contact us to talk to our dedicated customer service team.