Schlage HL6-9070 Mortise Classroom Hospital Push/Pull Latch
The Schlage HL Series features a full line of push/pull hardware that is ideal for medical care facilities and other institutional applications where simplicity of activity is required – specifically when hands are not free. Fabricated with superior quality and durability, the HL Series offers a wide assortment of attractive finishes and designs, and can be mounted in 6 different positions, offering unrivaled adaptability and versatility needed for any application. The recently upgraded HL Series quiet hospital push/pull latches proved to be 50% quieter than the original product, giving medical offices a solution to reduce the noise level often associated with a hospital or medical facility. Incorporating a sleek design, the HL6 is manufactured with a short throw angle permitting medical staff to enter a room with a delicate push or pull of the handle, even when their hands are full. In a hospital setting, free hands is more the exception than the standard, which is why the HL6 lock makes for a valuable, safe, and important piece of hardware to enable simple entry and exit of patient and recovery room doors.
The HL6 mortise hardware combines the features and convenience of the HL6 push/pull operation with the Schlage L Series heavy-duty mortise lock. The added functionality is particularly useful in areas where locking or electrified access is required.
Function: HL6-9070 Classroom Hospital Push/Pull Latch
- Latchbolt retracted by paddle from either side unless outside paddle is locked by key
- Unlocked from outside by key
- Auxiliary latch deadlocks latchbolt when door is closed
- Inside paddle always free for immediate egress
- Quiet functionality
- 16 mortise functions, including electrified and thumbturn options
- 9 finishes, including antimicrobial options
- Field selectable for 5 mounting positions. Can be mounted Push up/Pull down, Push down/Pull up, Push up/Pull up, Push down/Pull down or in Horizontal mounting; however, on functions with cylinders, handles must be mounted in down position on key side or horizontally on both sides. Engraving options available yet needs to be specifed prior to ordering
- Two strike options
- UL Listed for all single labeled metal or wood doors