Yale SDA16 - Stand Alone Exit Alarm
The SDA16 door alarm is usually mounted on the inside of the door frame or door, and is paired with a magnet mounted on the opposing side of the door gap.
The SDA16 stand-alone battery operated door alarm is intended to constantly supervise the status of a door. When the door is opened without authorization, an alarm is activated to alert the security infraction.
This unit is perfect for emergency doors, in addition to staircase doors and rear exit doors in
retail locations. The unit, which can also be hardwired, easily complements existing hardware, making any opening alarmed.
• Unit powered by 9V battery
• Unit can be hardwired by using WH-11 wire harness and 784 power supply
• No battery is required in unit with hard-wire option – if power is lost, optional gel-cell battery in power supply will give approximately 10,000 operations
• Reverse battery protection safeguards the unit if the battery is incorrectly installed
• A low-voltage battery is indicated by an audible signal every 30 seconds
• Piezo horn blasts at 105+ decibels if the door is used with out proper authorization
• The LED will flash every 30 seconds, indicating either the unit is armed or, if under auto reset, that the door has been violated.
• Various field-adjustable features by dip switch including automatic alarm reset, REX and passage time delay, and LED color preference.
• A tamper switch provides instantaneous signal to sound horn in the event the cover is removed. Horn will sound until the unit is reset by the key or remote reset/arm switch
• Cover is held in place by cam lock which protects mounting screws, electrical system and internal sensors
• Accepts external cylinder (not included, must be specified)
• Accepts standard mortise cylinders (not included, must be specified)
Dimensions: 8.3" L x 3.1" W x 2.0"D
Finish: Gray Power
Requirements: 9-Volt Alkaline battery (supplied).
Also available for use with Model 784 (optional) power supply.
Cylinders: Each unit supplied with keyed-alike cam lock to hold cover in place. Mortise cylinder for interior arming/disarming and rim cylinder for exterior arming/disarming (if required) are ordered separately.
Programmable Features: Adjustable REX and Passage Time Delay for 7, 10, 15, or 20 seconds Manual (default) or automatic alarm reset adjustable for 2, 5 or 10 minutes
Adjustable LED’s colors indicating armed or violated states